RULES: 2017-2018 SEASON
This competition is so called because the trophy was originally awarded by the local firm, Brotherhoods, in 1992. It has been held every year since then.
It is open to up to 15 photographic clubs/societies within an approximate 40 mile radius of Peterborough, on a first come first served basis.
- The competition is for Projected Digital Images (PDIs) to be projected in landscape format at 1400 x1050 pixels resolution using a digital projector. Therefore images must be a maximum of 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels high.
- Images must be submitted, preferably by email to email@example.com, or on a CD or memory stick, clearly marked with the competing club’s name.
- Images must be in JPEG format, in the sRGB colour space, 8 bit colour or greyscale mode and must not display the title or author’s name.
- A printed list of the image titles must accompany the email, CD or memory stick.
- 8 images per club are required. In case a tie breaker should be required, please include 3 more images, each by a different author, to be used if necessary. If needed, all three images will be judged.
- There is a limit of 2 images per author; no more than 2 natural history images and no more than 2 monochrome images.
- The images must be named as follows: Image number–club name–title. For example, the third image from Peterborough with a title of “Tranquillity” would be named "3-Peterborough-Tranquility".
- You will be advised of the closing date by the competition secretary, late entries will not be considered.
- The images will be judged and marked out of 20 by an external judge on the night.
- The club with the highest aggregate score at the end of the competition will be declared the winner and hold the Brotherhoods Cup for one year.
- In addition, the judge will award the Hodgson Trophy to the best image in the competition.
- The competition will be held and judged at the Parkway Leisure Centre, Brotherhoods Retail Park, Peterborough, PE1 2AS. (directions here)
- Any image submitted into one years' competition may not be entered again; nor can an image be entered again which is so similar as to be almost identical.
- The final image must be the photographer’s own work including the original image and all parts thereof. By implication the photographer owns the copyright to all parts of the image. For the avoidance of doubt, use of images from any other source including, but not limited to, royalty free image banks and clipart are not permitted.
- If objections/queries/doubts are raised about any image, entrants will be expected to supply the necessary proof that all components are their own work.
- PPS accepts no liability for breach of copyright by any member.
- In the unlikely event that a member wishes to make a complaint against an entry, then the PPS Complaints Procedure should be followed. A copy of this is available on request.
- PPS reserve the right to reject images which do not meet the entry criteria.
- Submission of entries will be taken as acceptance of all conditions.
- Any club not following these rules may be disqualified.